My 1970 Toyota Corolla Ke10

japclassics

I picked this oldie up back in March this year and has been in the garage ever since :-)

This particular car I have got my hands on was featured in a Book Called �CARS� by Stephen Bayley in 2009. The car has been stored in a garage at the parents house of the middle aged gentleman I purchased it off since 1995. It only came out in 2009 when it was taken for its photo shoot. Unfortunately like any old Toyota its suffering from a bit of neglect and tin worm and is in need of a restoration. After spending nearly 16 years in a garage has helped it survive.

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Well finally got round to getting the KE10 (the day after I bought the KE70) out of the garage & its actually the first time ive had a proper look at the car in full as when I first went to see the car it was in a garage and brakes seized & when it was dropped off back in March it was dark so went straight into the garage.... So front brakes un-seized and pushed out, rear brakes were ok.. :-)

270920114583.jpg

Wanting to respray the same colour to match the model? Looks like there isnt too much work in the body.. But you can't tell until you get it all apart..

Yeah 5kc is a good choice as it'll still look factory when you open the bonnet, Which is what it's all about :yes:

Wanting to respray the same colour to match the model? Looks like there isnt too much work in the body.. But you can't tell until you get it all apart..

Yeah 5kc is a good choice as it'll still look factory when you open the bonnet, Which is what it's all about :yes:

Wanna keep her as original as possible..

This was My last project :-)

190820103919.jpg

190820103906.jpg

190820103908.jpg

190820103910.jpg

Oh nice! I always loved them more than a T18 we got here, much better rear roof line..

Looking forward to updates and more pics of the ke10 :happy:

Yep defo :-) hopefully gonna get it to the garage some time next week to start stripping it.. Ive got 2 wings which is a start I guess...

Ive lost the key and managed to take the driver door lock thinking it will be stamped with the 4 digit code... But it aint.. How easy is it to get the ignition lock out ?