Te27 With 4A-Ge: How To Install A/C?

Flashg7

Hi,

I just bought a TE27 Mango with a blacktop 4a-ge engine and I'd like to install a/c. The motor mount is in the way of where the compressor bracket would normally bolt to the block. Has anyone out there done this swap and have ac? If so, what bracket did you use, did you have to modify it and how, and how did you mount it to the block?

The previous owner gave me the 2tc ac components including the compressor. Would it be easier to change the pulley to a 4a-ge pulley, then use the 2tc compressor and have a bracket made to fit to the 4a-ge, or should I just use the 4a-ge compressor?

I'd appreciate any help you guys could give, as I'd really like to have ac in this car!

Thanks!

Members dont see this ad

Provided you have a 4A-GE air-con compressor, use it.. The 2T-C variant is quite old!

Your best bet is to find a compressor that will fit where you would like it and be able to run the correct belt-type to avoid the hassle of finding a pulley to suit the engine.

A fabricated mount would not be very hard to make. If you don't have the required tools, confidence to make one, or a friend that can do the job, I would not pay over $120 for a shop to make one for you.

Simple really.