Ca18 To Ke55 Need Help On What To Do

Syko55

Hey I'm new I have been thinking bout doing this for a while I was going to do it 5 years ago but my first ke30 got tbones so I had to find a nother rolla and I finally found a good straight. One a few months ago I got the motor and box for free from a mate and a few bits and pices as well I'm just stumped on wear to start. I have done turbo conversions befor to my lancer and stuff like that but not a motor swap plz help it would be great

Thanks Shane

Members dont see this ad

Find someone who has done it and PM/email them. They might have done it two years ago and hardly come on here anymore, so they won't see this post but they have all the knowledge.

To start it, you just pull out the motor and box, clean and tidy the engine bay and suspend the CA18 in there. I made cardboard models of the engine mounts then cut the steel to shape from that. We used sheet steel, about 18#, and crossdrilled the mounts to weld a piece of exhaust tubing in it. Much lighter than most people use, but very stiff & it worked fine.