Ke70 1984 Jdm Sr20Det Build

pigke70

After a year of purchasing it for $1000 finally started working on the project. Basically it is a granny spec 1982 XX model Ke70 running a 4K with a filthy auto. Has some shitty GL model tailights from Thailand atm (have some proper genuine Toyota GL tailights coming :dance: )

post-7821-0-38228700-1327399682_thumb.jpg post-7821-0-85412400-1327399844_thumb.jpg

The engine bay at the moment

post-7821-0-23276100-1327399951_thumb.jpg

Started on the 'ke70 rust spots'. Picture below showing someones awesome rust repair job with a whole heap of bog :bash:

post-7821-0-30975100-1327400254_thumb.jpg

Some of the rust removal progress

post-7821-0-22954900-1327400498_thumb.jpg

Plans:

Paint-not 100% sure just yet but something dark and sinister like black or r33 gtr midnight purple

Exterior- Quad lights, chrome bars, fender mirrors, Madhouse lip, maybe bolt on flares and duck wing

Interior- Bride seats, rear seat and door trims retrimmed in bride, nardi steering wheel and dildo shifter

Suspension-S13 front end, disc to disc diff

The Sr20det is coming from my beaten up S13 silvia.Made 196kw at the wheels

Specs:

T28bb turbo Metal head gasket

Tomei pon cams

Adjustable cam gears

Greddy rocker stoppers

Ported and polished head mild

New rings,main and rod bearings

New water pump

Apexi air filter

GFB bleeder screw

Fmic

S15 injectors

Z32 AFM

Later down the track hoping to get 300kw at the wheels :dance:

Post stuff up as i go along in the build :yes:

Edited by pigke70

Members dont see this ad

Nice pick mate, Looks exactly like mine before I started...So are you planning on doing some panel and paint resto or just work where the sun don't shine?. What running gear do you plan on using? (ie. Gearbox, Crossmember, Diff)?

And good luck trying to get all of that rust, I myself just cut the whole back end out haha

post-14326-0-82793100-1327410998_thumb.jpgpost-14326-0-88190700-1327411013_thumb.jpg

Come up a treat if I don't say so myself. haha :)

So what's the purpose of your build, Drift, Time attack or circuit?

Nice pick mate, Looks exactly like mine before I started...So are you planning on doing some panel and paint resto or just work where the sun don't shine?. What running gear do you plan on using? (ie. Gearbox, Crossmember, Diff)?

And good luck trying to get all of that rust, I myself just cut the whole back end out haha

post-14326-0-82793100-1327410998_thumb.jpgpost-14326-0-88190700-1327411013_thumb.jpg

Come up a treat if I don't say so myself. haha :)

So what's the purpose of your build, Drift, Time attack or circuit?

Yea doing a resto, need to find a donor car for some pieces to weld in or find at wreckers. I'm using a s14 tight as box (what my s13 was running). As for crossmember using the ke one, cut of the mounts and weld the sr mounts on. Diff will be from the jdm ae86 disc to disc.

Yours has come up good :-)

What motor, box and diff you running?

Aiming at doing time attacks and circuit

Nice nice, If done right your can be used as a daily or well on the roads anyway haha...Only

problem with the Silvia gearbox is that they sit a LOT further back than the original 4K box,

You will defiantly need to do some fabricating, But that's piss easy anyway :cool:

Here is a link to my build, Work on it has been a little slow the last few weeks due to me

trying to sort out finances for a new Volkswagen Amarok My Build

Yea you shouldn't have a problem getting it in, Just it will be sitting a lot further back than normal due to the lenght of a silvia compared to a rolla haha

And Yea I done a wee bit more welding on my strut towers, Spot welds wouldn't do shit so...

post-14326-0-36621500-1327538313_thumb.jpg

Haha yea, over the rust reapir shit want to get to the fun part of putting the Sr in

Time is a virtue, If you do the dirty work now then you won't have to do it later on down the track, I now know for a fact that my strut towers aren't ever going to move or warp. "An ounce of prevention is worth a tonne of cure"

Pretty much, do it once do it right.

Exactly what I need to do to mine, suspesion will be quite stiff :dance:

• 3 weeks later...