Fuel Tank

sxrolla92

Members dont see this ad

hey , I'm wondering how hard and whats involved in changing a fuel tank in a ae92 seca , mines got a leak in it but the machanic i asked had never done one before ? any help would be appriciated

You sure it's the tank?. Nine times out of ten it would be a perished hose. One of the rubber fuel lines into or out of the tank may have developed a split.

If it is the tank, their not hard to replace. It is a faily simple job. Just remember to remove as much fuel as poosible before. Their a bit awkward and heavy when full of fuel.

If you do need a tank. Go to a wreckers and remove one. then you'll know how to do yours.

Yeah make sure its nearly on empty! At work a fair few of new toyotas require the fuel tank replaced when the fuel filter is replaced and pretty much now if they are anything over half full we pretty much just say that we won't do it till it is nearly empty but not completely empty as then there will not be enough fuel to put back in, haha.

yeah 90% sure its the tank iv looked at it and its dripping from around were the two halfs of the tank join , but it only leaks when i fill the car right up to full then once its used say half of a quater it stops , but yeah thinking i may just replace it to be safer .

cheers guys