Ke25 Diff With 100Kw 4Age

Carts

Members dont see this ad

such an open question mate.

-drag racing, street driven daily, rally or drift?

-155mm 60$ budget tyres, or 255mm racing slicks?

-Do you drive with mechanical sympathy, or do you drive like a moron and slam gears everywhere?

plenty of people have killed diffs with factory k motors, plenty of people have had 200hp and driven around for years with no problem.

Thanks for feed back.

Dayley drive + 205 tyres and may be a track day from time to time.

I know the brakes are not great on the rear but i have an r31 diff for it but the cost to convert it to 1320mm is $800 to $1000 and it all seems to be an over kill.

the downside to any factory diff in a corolla is that there are no LSD available and anything that will bolt into your car has been designed for a 1.3L push rod single carby 1970 engine.

conversion is the onyl way to get anything decent in there, and yep...big bucks.

R31 diff complete - ~$200-300

shortening and modifying - 500-600

custom made tailshaft - 400

hand brake cables ? $not sure

custom made brake lines

pan hard rod conversion into chassis....$lots

best to learn how to weld and use a measuring tape to save bucks.

the beauty of the R31 diff, is it is relatively big, but not over the top. it has disc brakes standard on the rear.

you can get the LSD from the R31 silhouette, which isnt all that great, but can be made to work, or you can buy a kaaz 2 way centre brand new and bolt it in.

you could use a T series differential, same process applies, but people have broken the axels before "reasonable easy". though i suspect it woudl be fine for anything you can throw at it within reason.

best to somehow compare the T series and the R31 diff side by side, and even if you can compare the weight. if the R31 diff isnt much more i woudl be inclined to go with it, based on the disc brakes and the fact its a tad beafier.

if one day you decide to put a turbo engine in, the R31 will be up to the task, the T series probably not. or it woudl be, but not bullet proof.

Edited by ke70dave