February 22, 201214 yr comment_586051 Alright so I'm trying to put my flex plate (which i think was originally from a 3k) from one 4k onto another one and for some reason a couple of the gearbox bolt holes don't line up by a few Mm. Also, on the new 4k one of the flex plates two bolt holes that hold it on is non existent. Which is quite confusing. Google has left me rather confused and irritated, especially after linking me to rotary stuff :/ Wondering if the 3k and 4k flex plates have any differences and also what difference is there between the auto and manual ones. Cheers :) Report
February 22, 201214 yr comment_586066 Flex plate ? Or are you talking about the plate that goes between the motor and the gearbox ? Thats a sandwich plate. Auto plate (2 speed auto) is thicker and there's an "inspection hole" on the bottom side of the plate. Its for un-bolting the torque convertor from the flex plate/flywheel. I think the plate for the 3 speed (trimatic) is the same as well. But i think i threw it out, so the only thing i can say for certain is of the "inspection hole", it will have that. There's no real (or shouldn't be) difference between the 3k and 4k plates - unless its the plate for an early 3k, then there'll be a difference in bolt holes. Report
February 22, 201214 yr comment_586068 Some K engines have 2 bolts that hold the sandwich plate to the block, some have 1 bolt. Not really necessary to have them as they are held in alignment by the dowels and secured by the gearbox bolts. More than likely to stop the plate vibrating around the rear main carrier/ crank. Report
February 23, 201214 yr Author comment_586146 Alright cheers for that. Mine has the inspection hole so it's not the one I want. I'm fairly sure I've got the right one laying around somewhere :/ Report
February 23, 201214 yr comment_586168 If you need one just let me know. Have two that I don't want any more. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now