Stolen 10/03/2012

Last night, Friday night/Saturday morning about 2am someone went into the carpark located at the back of my appartment and stole my replacement driverside gaurd.

About 6 months ago i was hit by a guy in a 4wd, his fault, and the insurance payed me out as they wanted to write my car off. I managed to find a bulk purchase and secured a guard to repair the damage, i also picked up a door and guard from a guy on here but had to get rid of the guard as it was too stuffed.

Anyway i had the door and guard sitting behind my car in the communal carpark , not visible from the road and last night the guard went missing. Nothing else gone.

Location: I live in Melbourne, Thornbury not far from Normanby Ave and High St.

Description: Bright red acrylic paint, ke10 driverside guard, has slight riple on the wheel arch, has not been cut out for ke11 indicators so still has the small hole.

What you can do: Keep an eye out for me, I'll be doing my best to keep an eye on ebay and other places but any RC awareness will be fantastic.

I'm thinking it was more than likely a drunk walking home and jumping fences. There is an alley behind my house, and I've done a drive around thinking they may have dumped it but come up with zilch.

The money doesn't worry me it is the ability to find good panels for old cars, that panel took months to find and puts back my respray that I was hoping to get done this month.

I would like to say thanks in advance and hope this turns up.

Cheers

Matt

Members dont see this ad

I have a pretty good idea where you live after picking up that bootlid from you. But you can rest assured it wasn't me!

Has anyone else picked up from you? Pretty brazen act from anyone on here though I would have thought.

As above, would imagine it pretty unlikely someone happened across it. More likely someone has noticed your car and "investigated"? There is a fairly transient population in your street.

Don't want to make you paranoid or anything, but would probably pay to make sure your car is theft proof.

Yeah thats what has got me worried. Hope they don't come back for my car. Going to move my door so it doesn't go missing and start taking some ignition parts out.

Going to give my neighbours the once over but other than that I'll just have to hope that is all they were after.

Edit by mod - dude think about what you type! If your thief was from rc that was an invitation!

Edited by Taz_Rx