Diff. Ratio + Lsd Or Not ..

salman

softer springs will help, that car really doesnt squat much, there are calculators online to calculate your spring rate if you can't get it from your manufacturer.

I'm trying to understand how you know you softened rear springs by 10% without knowing the spring rate?

Sorry.. for being lame...

By pressing the spring....

Members dont see this ad

I can't see how pressing them will soften them salman.

Spring steel is pretty much all the same as far as I know, and spring rates depend on the thickness of the wire, the diameter or the spring & the number of coils in it. The active coils are the ones that are free to move, not the ones on the seat or ones that touch another coil. That is why cutting cols of makes a spring stiffer as well as lowering the car. So you need to change the spring to get a softer one.

There are a lot of online spring rate calculators like this-

http://www.racingsuspensionproducts.com/spring%20rate.htm

I can't see how pressing them will soften them salman.

Spring steel is pretty much all the same as far as I know, and spring rates depend on the thickness of the wire, the diameter or the spring & the number of coils in it. The active coils are the ones that are free to move, not the ones on the seat or ones that touch another coil. That is why cutting cols of makes a spring stiffer as well as lowering the car. So you need to change the spring to get a softer one.

There are a lot of online spring rate calculators like this-

http://www.racingsus...ring%20rate.htm

please recommend me a spring rate that i should use in my car.. plus a picture of spring that how it should look like..

I have a guy here who makes springs for local manufactures. my current ones are made by him..(he don't know any thing about performance springs and there requirements/rate) he made it according to my requirements. and that i told him to do.

i have to take out one of my spring to take picture and up load it...

I know the physical spec..

11mm= .433 inch wire thickness

4.8''= outer

4 active coils.

spring rate in LB/in= 151.687

spring rate in kg/mm = 2.708

what do u say ??? are they soft enough??

Spring Rate kg/mm:Spring Rate kg/mm:Spring Rate kg/mm:

Spring Rate kg/mm:

Spring Rate kg/mm:

• 2 weeks later...