Stern'S Ke70

SternBlend

Removed the doors and finished painting the front end properly. Even painted under the scuttle panel, over kill I know but had paint left and thought what the hell wouldn't hurt it. Nose looks a lot better when tape removed.

After stalling for two wks I finally had a go at taking off the chrome strips and had some success. Removed the bottom window strip which is relatively easy and the drivers side top one. The later took some patience (hr) but came off without any bends but I can see why they will never go back on as tight as they were =) . Second one half hr, almost a pro now.

Used a butter knife, once I got a little up I stuck the knife through and wiggled back and forth slowly which slowly lifted top and bottom off. When it wouldn't go any further I used a hole punch tool just to crack the bottom lip of the chrome a little then continued with the knife.

Plans have changed a little, the roof lining is perfect in the old girl and is light blue so instead of using grey with the black on the door skins it will be blue. Dash is going to be painted black because I picked up a crack free brown one which just won't match anything. I was going to keep the blue in the dash but might all have to be painted black. Black floors, supra chairs and dash. Blue plastics, roof lining and maybe original blue rear seat if it comes up looking good.

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4931-1.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

Edited by SternBlend

• 2 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...