Ae71 Csx

spln12

Thanks heaps bud

It will be back on the road around July time, thats when i get my license back :cool:

Ah sweet not far at all, ill let ya know if i get stuck with anything..

I need a new tape player console as the one on the car is snapped :n:

Members dont see this ad

Were you at pick a part kilsyth just after 3pm today? I saw a two young guys coming up the toyota section with a carby which caught my eye. Both of the e7s which were there were 1.3. Did you pull it from an ae82?

How keen would you be on manual running gear? Would you be prepared to trailer away a wreck

with full running gear?

Little Update:

FLushed the cooling system out today, to find out the heater core is broken (leaks water)..

Hooked up the head unit and splits.Sounds a little better than standard :rolls:

Will get some pics of the rust tomoz, Gonna start repairing it later this week..

Cheers Brayden

Thanks ben, wish it was as clean as yours :cool:

Tommorow I'm cutting out the rust, welding new peices of metal..then putty primer and guide coat.

Hopefully all goes to plan and don't find any nasty holes :glare:

Get some pics up tomoz of the outcome :yes:

Cheers

Another Update:

Fixed the rust, didnt cut it out and weld new pieces of metal in there.. I fiberglass body filler, Primer and guide coat..

First time doing it, Came up half decent..

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

Planning on taking it to the mechanic mid next week for a RWC..

Lets hope it passes :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dudes,

Dunno if i want too yet, but it might be up for sale in the next week or so.. as found a 1 owner 180sx ;)

Not 100% sure if i should sell the AE :( but I'm really keen on this 180..

So if your interested throw me some offers :D

Cheers Brayden

Edited by spln12

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Had a good think about selling the AE to get the 180. changed my mind, i can't sell it, i like it to much ;)

I took it in for a RWC on Tuesday, i have to change rear panhard rod Bushes and front sway bar link bushes :D

Really happy with it now, should go back mid next week then off to VicRoads!!

Bought some Fender mirrors of ebay, they should be here in a week or so..

ill put some pics up after RWC is done

Cheers Brayden!

Hi Brayden,

Nice ae71 a little jealous! and at an absolute steal too! I paid way too much for mine come to think of it ($2200 registered etc), same as yours but it did come with new carpet and alot of rust free panel sections and 14inch csx style wheels from the corona. The guy had already had the front end off and repainted a few parts and fish oiled the crap out of the seals and problem areas that are prone to rust, that is a must when you get around to it!

Noooooo don't do the fender mirrors! I don't think they suit the ae71's, I bought an Aunger rear louvre and brand new Aunger head light protectors for that granny spec look! (not that that's what your after) I managed to find a complete manual conversion too, from searching the for sale threads constantly. be patient because they do pop up.

Thank goodness you didn't swap for the 180sx, theres enough of them around! haha

Jason :thumbsup:

Edited by Twincam16seca

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its been a while since i updated,

finished repairing all the dents, stripped all the bog from the quarters and cut the rust out and welded new peices in there..purchased a 4age tonight pretty much complete.

4age 16valve second gen, standard inlet manifold, standard exhaust manifold, missing alternator dizzy and a few other bits..

Theres a water port at the back of the head, is that for the thermostat? what do i need to do to suit the AE?

I'm in need of a bonnet and boot, as mine are F#@ked..

End of this week should be all in hi fill, ive decided on blue. Dunno what of blue though, any ideas?

ill get pics up tomoz of the engine and car as it is ATM

Thanks guys