3K Corolla Engine ?

I finally got my car on the road and regoed after two and a half years.

I have a few little problems that need guide with

1.i have a rattling up high in the rpm around 4500+..

i thought timing chain but an mchanic friend said ajust the rocker clearence.

Dad said it could be pinging from ignitin timing all tho it does have a bosch 4k dizzy on my 3k-c motor.?

2. it has a shudder on braking on the front right but i have new brakes got tol it could be bushings or ball joints or tie rod ends ?

Any help i can get ?

Members dont see this ad

I finally got my car on the road and regoed after two and a half years.

I have a few little problems that need guide with

1.i have a rattling up high in the rpm around 4500+..

i thought timing chain but an mchanic friend said ajust the rocker clearence.

Dad said it could be pinging from ignitin timing all tho it does have a bosch 4k dizzy on my 3k-c motor.?

2. it has a shudder on braking on the front right but i have new brakes got tol it could be bushings or ball joints or tie rod ends ?

Any help i can get ?

1 not easy to pin point with out seeing the car but best thing to do is set your tappets first then ignition timing there's no problem having a Bosch distributor my ke30 had one all the info should be on the sticker on your air box

2 what kind of shuddering because the ball joints tie rod ends ect should have been checked as a rego item

no suspension and steering has been replaced on the front but brakes are new

and idk what it says on my air box all the letters and numbers were screwed and got painted black after

Did the rotors get replaced or machined?? Maybe the rotor is distorted but when they are you will feel it through the brake pedal it will pulsate if the rotor is warped where abouts are you located I may be able to help out with it

92644078.jpg

There's the clearances for you hope it helps

yes i do its been set to 8 deg btdc but the book says for a 3k-c

That's pretty right I run about 8-10 with the vacuum hose off

If you have set the tappets and adjusted the timing and you think it may be detonating try pulling the distributor out and make sure sure the bob weights haven't seized

Haven't got any pics at the moment I got a Bosch distributor at home I'll pull apart and get pics of but would be a good chance to freshen up your dizzy if you think your engine is pinging

like I said before it's hard to pick without hearing the engine rattle because if your dizzy was playing up it may also cause a flat spot while driving more of a process of elimination at the moment