Carby Gaskets

Token

G'day Fella's,

I am having some problems with my carby leaking fuel from the base, between the carb and the adaptor plate. (weber 32/36 on a redline adaptor to stock intake)

I had the damn thing tight as a whistle, but then removed it to wrap the headers and can't get it to seal again, I'v tried using gasket paper, Loctite #2 and stag (stag might be an odd choice, but its worked for me before) so far, but they've all just been eaten away by the fuel and my local Repco guy is adamant that there isn't anything better then loctite number 2 /rollseyes.

Just wondering what those of you using weber dvg's with adaptor plates are running?, though if you are aware of a fuel proof gasket maker then feel free to let me know.

I'm thinking maybe Hylomar, but I have it in my head that Hylomars more of a mating face to mating fae application, and given the adaptors a redline, I doubt its going to work without a piece of gasket paper.

Cheers,

Token

Members dont see this ad