Ke55 Build Up Suggestions?

Perthke55

Ok guys, my bog stock ke55 needs to be upgraded..so I'm open to suggestions, an info on acheiving them, eg installing corona struts? lsd upgrade, brakes, engine, lowering etc, possibly making a customer instrument cluster etc. would post this in the ke forum but id rather put it here, as you guys would be of more help an are local. cheers.

Jamie

Edited by Perthke55

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Well, for starters, I don't think I've said hi yet buddy; G'day! If you PM me your postal address, I'll send out that sticker :D

Anyways, theres a shitload of stuff you can do to your rolla mate. The first thing I'd be doing is installing some stiffer, lower springs, and perhaps a strut brace to make the thing handle a lil better.

I'm guessing she's not an auto, ay? If shes a manual and you want the car to take off a bit better, try upgrading to a higher ratio diff. Want looks? 16" rims are f@$king huge on a early rolla! Or how about tinting the windows; any car looks better rollin with dark tint.

Droppin in a 5k is a straightforward drop in (thats what I've heard anyway) and supercharging a K motor is always a great idea!

Theres so much to do to the early rollas, where can you start really. Just do what ever you want to do!

By the way, have you got any part cars? Would be interested buddy.

Cheers,

Dan.

Well, for starters, I don't think I've said hi yet buddy; G'day! If you PM me your postal address, I'll send out that sticker :D

Anyways, theres a shitload of stuff you can do to your rolla mate. The first thing I'd be doing is installing some stiffer, lower springs, and perhaps a strut brace to make the thing handle a lil better.

I'm guessing she's not an auto, ay? If shes a manual and you want the car to take off a bit better, try upgrading to a higher ratio diff. Want looks? 16" rims are f@$king huge on a early rolla! Or how about tinting the windows; any car looks better rollin with dark tint.

Droppin in a 5k is a straightforward drop in (thats what I've heard anyway) and supercharging a K motor is always a great idea!

Theres so much to do to the early rollas, where can you start really. Just do what ever you want to do!

By the way, have you got any part cars? Would be interested buddy.

Cheers,

Dan.

Hey dan,

Yea mine has the holden suspension so its a bit different to lower, as i here..yea shes a manual, what sort of diff ratios are there, an how do i instal them?i kinda would like to put a r31 lsd in if i could get one, but I'm havent really done that sorta thing so yea..not sure, id also like it to handle better, as i like to do down hill touge runs.

You shouldn't need to weld? If you pay a place to shorten a Skyline diff or something similar, you can get them to put the correct mounts on it, so it will be a bolt in job.

And as for fitting, aside from doing it for you, there is not much we can do?

There is 4 nuts on the bottom of the leaf springs in the middle that hold the u bolts on, then there are 4 (I think) bolts holding the hand brake cables in, and they have a plastic clip that needs to be popped out, then the ends need to be slid out of the bracket under where the handbrake is in your car, there is 4 nuts and bolts holding the tail shaft on, then you need a 10mm pipe spanner to remove the brake lines, then I find it easier (mostly due to how low my car is) to remove the rear of the leaf springs and slide the diff out the back. There is 2 nuts on each leaf spring at the back to remove them.

Surely if you have a look at the car you can see what needs to be done?

yea i looked, but your missing my point, i don't know what to do, i never welded before, an fitting it I'm in the same boat, an the pics for it don't load up, I'm asking is for info, an help, as i said, its not something i know how to do yet. :P

Quite obviously you DID NOT read it, It is full of information of what has to be done to fit the skyline diff, at no stage do the pictures have to load up, the pictures are not relevant. You just said you were asking for info, I spoon fed it to you on a platter and you are so ungrateful.

You shouldn't need to weld? If you pay a place to shorten a Skyline diff or something similar, you can get them to put the correct mounts on it, so it will be a bolt in job.

And as for fitting, aside from doing it for you, there is not much we can do?

There is 4 nuts on the bottom of the leaf springs in the middle that hold the u bolts on, then there are 4 (I think) bolts holding the hand brake cables in, and they have a plastic clip that needs to be popped out, then the ends need to be slid out of the bracket under where the handbrake is in your car, there is 4 nuts and bolts holding the tail shaft on, then you need a 10mm pipe spanner to remove the brake lines, then I find it easier (mostly due to how low my car is) to remove the rear of the leaf springs and slide the diff out the back. There is 2 nuts on each leaf spring at the back to remove them.

Surely if you have a look at the car you can see what needs to be done?

ok thats quiet informative thanks, an what do u kno about the tail shaft, there supposed to need to some modifaction..?

well at the moment, better handiling an gearing, for a start,i don't drift, i do hills runs, an the better my car handles an accelerates for this the happier i am, i reckon for a 27year old car it goes pretty well. then maybe get the surface rust taken care of, the chrome redone an a paint job, an engine mods/interior/stereo after, i have a cordia turbo available if i want to, tho I'm not sure its such a simple thing to do. I'm going on a cruise next friday, ill try an get some shots of it then.