Weber Dfv/dgv Troubleshooting

caibs

hi guys

have what i believe to be a weber dfv.

had it going ok, but now its developed an issue where if you rev it, it will rev then the motor will stall when the revs settle. you can get it to idle by fiddling with the throttle, but then once you rev it again it will no doubt stall.

any ideas?

Members dont see this ad

Sounds like a vacuum leak. When the throttle butterfly closes after a rev, the vacuum beneath the carb increases, which in turn draws fuel through the idle circuit.

If you have a vacuum leak, the manifold vacuum is too low at idle to draw on the idle circuit and she stalls.

Edited by GJM85

Other ones to look at would be worn throttle shafts or worn throttle linkages holding the throttle plate open or not..

I've had it where it idles when you release the throtle slowly and it settles in one place, but if you drop the throttle off quickly it reverts to a slightly different place and kills the idle.

chucked the old carb back on. its pretty amazing how much they choke the 4k up.

Ah- that's good to know. It means the Weber definately does make a difference. Like my SUs, guys often do carbs/cam/exhaust all at once and I wouldn't know what just changing the carb did.

Post up the solution when you find it-