Mount Cootha Rollaclub.com Bbq

Medicine_Man

Seeming as the anniversary cruise went off nice, I was hoping that mabey we could have a nice casual cruise and BBQ up Mt. Cootha in the near future, not straight away, but a date that suits all members. Theres some BBQs near a shelter shed beside (hopefully i remember right) channel 7. Any ideas on where to cruise from would be good, mabey start out at Aspley Maccas and cruise through and meet other people at the usual Milton hangout. Then proceed to Mt. Cootha and have a BBQ lunch (BYO BBQ)...

thoughts/comments/feedback?

Members dont see this ad

Cool! I'm up for that! And ill be able to bring my rolla this time! And Today Tonight doesnt have to go far from home for some skids! :D hahaha :rolleyes:

I can scout this one if you like. Its not that far from the places I go to normally! (work, tafe etc)

oh and wheres this "usual" hangout....the milton rd maccas?

Cool! I'm up for that! And ill be able to bring my rolla this time! And Today Tonight doesnt have to go far from home for some skids! :D hahaha :rolleyes:

I can scout this one if you like. Its not that far from the places I go to normally! (work, tafe etc)

oh and wheres this "usual" hangout....the milton rd maccas?

Lets hope we don't need media coverage from today tonight, If u want one weekend you can scout it with me, and yes, Milton Maccas :D

Ok went for a drive up there today (it was rather moist....and not cool coming down the back side!)

The best one I think its the "Grey Gum" picnic area. There is a carpark, shelter sheds and toilets...and it looks rather new. Thats the one on the southern side of ch7

There are about 7 picnic areas all up so there are plenty to choose from. Theres a great one down the bottom where the tables are right on the carpark. You can back ur car right up to the tables (run into them if you want) but I think up the top will be more fun!

Some of the picnic areas are on blind corners and I don't want anyone totaling their cars! The worst one is on a streach of about 150m and at each end there are climbing blind corners! (rather tricky to get out of if its busy!)

I may be able to contribute in the form of scouting out what time people get there but it is going to be pretty early as a general rule i would say. Obviously the better spots will go quicker. There are also some decent places around the other side near slaughter falls too

• 1 month later...