Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5K O Dish Head

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

 

Recently rebuilt a 5K bottom end with the flat top (O dish) pistons, but don't have the right head to suit. I tried scooping out the shallow chambered 5K head for the D dish pistons, but keep blowing head gaskets as the comp ratio is 13:1. I need to get hold of the O dish 5K head, or put a 4K or 3K head on.

 

Does anyone know if a 4K head is the same height as the O dish 5K head, in other words so the pushrods will be the right length (I have the O dish pushrods). If so, what will the compression ratio be? I'm using hydraulic rocker gear.

 

Needless to say, if anyone is selling one...

 

Thanks

Yes. A 5K Flat top head is the same as a 4K flat top head.

4k head is the same dude. Your running my old rods, lifters and rockers. Ive got a shallow 5k, solid lifters and a 4kc head. Running about 170-180psi on each cylinder. I worked it out to about 8.7:1

  • Author

Thanks very much guys, that's a relief!

 

I will get a recon 4K head and see what happens.

 

Cheers

suggest you get the inlet manifold that goes with it as from what

Ive seen 4k flat top heads have smaler ports than D dish heads

 

 

  • Author

Yeah I might just have to port the 4K head out.

 

I'm running a brand new 45 DCOE, so I'm guessing the runners on the manifold will be bigger.

 

Thanks

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.