4Afc To 4Age Conversion Question

kingtube69

Hi Guys,

I have had a look around on the nets about going 4AFC (in my AE92 Corolla Hatch) to 4AGE from a wrecked Corolla. Sadly i missed out on getting a wrecked one with working engine/trans for $300 but that's another story.

My question is if i take the entire wiring harness from a 4AGE Corolla and replace mine with it what other wiring is there left for me to do? I read something about needing a Open Circuit relay for the fuel pump but if i'm right i won't need it because I'm taking the entire wiring harness... is this correct?

Cheers, Jacob.

Members dont see this ad

Hello,

If you are doing an EFI conversion,you will need the fuel tank with fuel pump and also the fuel lines.As well as the wiring harness and (of course)an injected motor/box.

I have just wrecked a twin cam seca and have the fuel tank/pump and lines for sale.I will eventually have a harness as well,when I start work on my car.

I have previously converted my hatch from carby to injected 4afe and will soon be converting to twin cam 4age and 6 speed.I will be adding the turbo and s/c later when car is running right.

I also have a question....is the engine bay wiring harness in my 4afe the same as one with a 4age??? I will be changing the complete harness over anyway,due to installing the long dash cluster but I am curious to know if they are the same.IMHO I believe they would be.

Seca ae92 SX parts are available at Goodna 4300 Brisbane QLD....PM me with any requests for parts.

I will try to list some pics in the 'for sale' forum.

Thank you.