Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke25 1971 Corolla

Featured Replies

hi all,

 

i have been on this site for a while now. I picked up this 1971 ke25 which was a bit of a mess. it was a stolen and recovery vehicle, which the owner no longer wanted to keep. She sold it to me around 4yrs ago. I have been working on it in my spare time, trying to find all the rare bits that i needed to replace.

 

It was a toyoglide when i got it, but the glide in it was gone. I converted it myself to a 5spd manual.

 

I have completed all the mechanical work on this car myself, and i mean myself. No one was even around to give me a hand to lift or hold anything.

 

interior is near excellent condition.

 

I have replaced all the bushes , ball joints , tie rod ends.

Rebuilt the front caliper, added a set of brand new rotors.

Added extractors and a 1inch 3/8 exhaust system.

 

I have been aiming to get the car back on the road, then once its on the road i will be taking it off the road and stripping it down for a full paint job. i realise its the reverse way of doing things but i want to be sure that this car will drive and handle great before i go spending any money on body work or paint.

 

I have test driven the car and it drives nicely. I'm planning on keeping it pretty stock as possible in the driveline area.post-11171-0-71322400-1352714412_thumb.jpg

post-11171-0-52866500-1352714486_thumb.jpg

post-11171-0-35526200-1352714607_thumb.jpg

post-11171-0-69664400-1352714665_thumb.jpg

post-11171-0-65756100-1352714706_thumb.jpg

post-11171-0-59054800-1352714759_thumb.jpg

post-11171-0-54813800-1352713214_thumb.jpg

post-11171-0-38392400-1352714361_thumb.jpg

 

They are just some pictures i dug out from the last four years of building the car. I will post more pics later on.

I also had to weld up the rear boot lock area as it were destroyed when it was stolen. its yet to be repaired fully, needs to still be grinded back and painted.

I'm also planning on upgrading the brake system with a tandem master cylinder , and possibly better calipers, as the original ke25 ones are pretty crappy.

 

cheers , and hope to see other rollaclub members on the road.

Edited by te27

  • Author

I hang it from the roof to give me more floor space in my garage :-)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.