Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4K Vacuum Lines

Featured Replies

Hey guys.

 

I've been scratching my head over this for a couple of days and still quite unsure.

Recently swapped my 3k out of my ke30 for a 4k.

Everything is essentially done now minus a couple of small tasks.

 

My current small dillemma is the vacuum lines.

Now, i pulled off the vac lines from the 3k and hooked them up to the 4k as they were on the old motor.

However, I have noticed the 4k has a couple more 'nipples' [if you will] for possible vac lines to go on - namely around the base of the carby.

 

Can I get away with just running the vacuum hoses in the 3k manner on the 4k motor?

Or will I need to work out how the 4k lines run and hook them up accordingly?

I'm assuming some will just be pollution related.

 

I work for Toyota so this morning I had a look at all the different image schematics of the vacuum lines of all the 3k/4k engine variants over the years and there is a huge difference.

How imperative is this?

 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hey mate,

 

Alot of those vac lines are for random emissions stuff. if you arent too concerned about getting a 27yr old emissions system working, then just block any of those lines off.

 

if the engine is running fine, the main goal is just making sure you have no vacuum leaks.

 

So yeah hook it up like the 3k, block anything that doesnt have a home, and see how it goes.

 

i went the other way a few yrs back, I put a 3k carby on a 4k to simplify everything.

  • Author

Ah makes sense. I've still got the 3k carby kicking about but its easier just to block these ones off.

No dramas, I'll get onto that tonight and hopefully turn key everything will be all good.

 

Thanks for the quick response mate, appreciated.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.