November 30, 201213 yr comment_638298 Hello gents I'm going this weekend to look at a 2tc , the engine is out of the car, any appaarent things I should be looking for besides the basic block crackage... Report
November 30, 201213 yr comment_638308 Compression you can check if it has a starter motor, battery and jump leads. Other than that, completeness, and that the chain hasn't worn through the front cover (unlikely). Pain in the arse, and often expensive sourcing missing bits. If keen, drain the oil and see if there is anything in it. All gets down to how much it is and if you CBF. Report
December 1, 201213 yr Author comment_638316 What are these motors going for in price ! I don't wanna pay over what there worth.. Report
December 1, 201213 yr comment_638330 Not alot I sold a engine with 130xxxkms, box, both crossmembers near new starter, and everything else to get it running for $300... Report
December 1, 201213 yr Author comment_638333 bad news , the head was cracked, there isnt alot of engines to choose from here in montana, I'm out of options for now, there's a rally in idaho this summer and it isnt looking good unless i just leave the 3kc in the car and do some modifactions, exaust, carb, and cam. Report
December 1, 201213 yr comment_638334 If you're not already, get onto 3tcgarage.com You are likely to find everything you need there, and it's US based. Presume you realise you need more than just the engine for the conversion, but all pretty much readily available over there. Report
December 1, 201213 yr Author comment_638335 did not know about that , thankyou i hate to stray away from here but ill go take a look Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now