Ae112r Turbo Owners?

japexae102

Hello, I am the owner of 7AFE powered AE102 Corolla in the US.. I've recently got wind that you guys have a factory turbocharged Corolla! I'm really intrested in the mechanics and engineering behind it.. from what I understand Toyota simply bolted on a turbo kit to a stock block and upgraded the fuel managment leaving the block and internals untouched.. And with that the factory boost is set to 8psi? Well I am thinking about building my own turbo kit but I am running into problems with intercooler plumbing.. Like how did Toyota bend the chargepipes around the factory foglights for the intercooler? Any pictures or infomation would be much appeciated!

Members dont see this ad

bugger, tried to upload a word doc and it wouldn't allow it...

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension.

any ideas??? - oh, I did it this way (in a word doc) because I could only upload one picture...

Lesley ;)

post-1090-1140338412_thumb.jpg

bugger, tried to upload a word doc and it wouldn't allow it...

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension.

any ideas??? - oh, I did it this way (in a word doc) because I could only upload one picture...

Lesley :S

Hello, thanks for the response! I received your email and replied. That is a BEAUTIFUL engine shot! I read you only recently purchased your car in the other thread, sorry to hear about the trouble you ran into with the water pump, hopefully you will get it resolved easily.. best of luck with your car!

Here is mines.. NA :) ;)

Dsc03014.jpg

And in case you are curious here is a a shot of my car

12282c45.jpg

It has a liberal amount of work done to it so don't get the idea every corolla in the states look like it.

;)

Edited by japexae102

I know the ones... one guy in Sydney has one done up, and its pretty tough. He's won awards for it. I'll try and scan some pics for all to view

And welcome aboard, japexae102 :D

I was gonna ask where you got the front bar from? And does the ass look just as good?

• 1 month later...

I think i've already posted in every other AE112R thread, but i just picked up one myself yesterday. found it in a dealers back lot for a bargain price. looks in awesome condition.

Just wondering what some common easy mods are. the car will mainly be my g/f's and she said i wasn't allowed to modify it like i have my own car, but some little upgrades would be nice.

• 3 months later...