Manual Conversion And Now...problems.

popandwar

yeah i thought the box went on a little too easy the first time. I also read somewhere the car should run relatively fine for a while before the input shaft begins to start spinning out of alignment and causing trouble so perhaps I'm looking at two or more issues. after the bearing is in tomorrow i"ll see how it goes, could well be a carbie problem. It seems to want to konk out and i have to rev it a bit to keep it alive...

I've blown a head before and it seems kind of like that but it didn't shake and splutter sooo i dunno haha. somethings wrong.

thank you all for your help so far.

Members dont see this ad

Oh dear ! No spigot bearing ! A very easy trap. I once accidentally fitted a new clutch plate which was 21 spline instead of 19, although the cardboard box was labelled 19 splines. What a horrible noise when the clutch was let out for the first time.

Again, like you, it was back out with the gearbox again. I hate doing things twice !

Did you fit a spigot bearing? I'm dying to find out what happens when someone omits that...

Well now we all know !

Let is know how you go once you've fitted the new spigot bearing.

They are so cheap at a "bearing shop" I make a rule of always changing mine, any time I have a gearbox or clutch out.

Cheers Banjo