Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1990-92 4Afe Head Gasket Question, Best Brand

Featured Replies

I have a 1990 Geo Prizm, I know I know. I have had the car for over 10 years, actually had many of these and similar Corolla's

 

About a year ago, and 12,000 miles ago I put this engine into the car. Installed a New FelPro Head gasket, Torqued to spec etc.

 

Last night, I blew the head gasket during normal driving, on 3 and 4 both have water, and coolant had exhaust and gas smell in overflow bottle. NO WATER in oil or on oil cap.

 

My Question is. I have always used Fel Pro gaskets on these, has the quality changed or should I be using Beck-Arnley etc.

 

Looking for advice on what you guys use before I order gaskets, or a set as I might re-do valve seals as well.

 

 

Thanks for the help

  • Author

UPDATE, The cylinders were 1 & 2 It appears that it burnt the gasket away between cylinders 1 and 2 any ideas why?

don't know much about these engines but did you have the head skimmed when you did the head gasket last time? slightly warped head could cause it the prematurely blow the gasket between cylinders

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.