Ke55..... What To Do To It?

classicrohan

Hey there guys,

I recently picked up a ke55 and was looking to brain storm some ideas of what to do to it.

i am definitely looking to respray it and put some life back into the interior, but I'm not quite sure what to do with the motor.

at the the moment it has a stock 4k-C engine that i have put a 2inch exhaust on all the way to the exhaust manifold.

I'm looking for extractors and a new carby but what els can i do to get the 4k running well

cheers

Rohan

Members dont see this ad

Not sure if this belongs in "Engine Conversions" subforum

Correct, moved to KE** discussion. Read those links, while you can sink a fair whack of money into a K motor the end result isnt gonna be great.

A cam and exhaust/head work with the proper carbie will make it a bit of fun but nothing outstanding.

Personally I'd worry about making the car stop and handle before engine mods.

How bad is the engine currently and what do you want it to do overall?? Is it just a daily to work and back, a weekend warrior, a second car for fun, night burnouts in the industrial area??

Changing the cam with the motor in the car is a dog, but if the bearings are a bit rattly or the rings worn then whip the motor out and do it all. A bit of head porting and a skim for more compression is simple.

Ultimately it will never be more than a 30ye old 1300cc, but with a lightened flywheel and a cam added to your extractors and carb it is still fun. Mine is certainly much better than when I bought it, and it holds 100kph easily up hills.

If your budget is bigger, bore it out to 1500cc and use 5K pistons, and balance the whole assembly so it revs better. What you plan to do will influence what cam you buy, and the size of the carbs.