Oil Line Under Left Engine Mount On 4Age

ke70-slider07

Alright guys easy little silly question.

There is an oil line under where the left hand engine mount bolts to.

Just wondering which way you guys have turned it as mine is coming out the top of the mount?

Hopefully it clears everything as I'm putting it back together but most of you guys will have had the experience already so after any advice on this?

Thanks in advance :-)

Members dont see this ad

My sandwich plate is in the original position (pressure release valve pointing down through the engine mount) but I turned the oil line around so it comes back out the top of the engine mount.

I've also seen people rotate the sandwich plate like this so the pressure release valve doesn't sit in between the engine mount:

IMG_2165-8.jpg

Either way should be fine as long as the oil line doesn't rub on anything or come too close to the headers. You could always go to a braided line if you are worried about it.

Edited by rian

My sandwich plate is in the original position (pressure release valve pointing down through the engine mount) but I turned the oil line around so it comes back out the top of the engine mount.

I've also seen people rotate the sandwich plate like this so the pressure release valve doesn't sit in between the engine mount:

IMG_2165-8.jpg

Either way should be fine as long as the oil line doesn't rub on anything or come too close to the headers. You could always go to a braided line if you are worried about it.

Haha, this is my photo/setup, works fine since the rebuild. Just cut off the tab where it bolts to the block.