Gauging Interest For Upright Manifolds For K Engines

Folks

I've been in discussion with Sheldon (blown 5k) for some time about getting my hands on a set of his manifolds to fit twin sidedrafts to an upright K Engine.

He's interested in running a batch off so I am here to drum up some interest to see how many serious buyers are out there on RC.

Serious as in you:

- understand what you are buying, these are not a bolt on to your stock K engine

- have cash

- none of that 'when I sell my high school text books mummy said I can buy them' guff ;)

Post your interest here. Check the pics out, also search club-k and have a look at the crazy NZ installs that are putting us aussie K lovers to shame.

uprightmanifoldssp7.jpg

uprightmanifolds2ci7.jpg

dsc01417x.jpg

dsc005171lw.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Edited by philbey

Members dont see this ad

Depending on how many they get made, you're looking at $300-400NZ according to Sheldon's similar post on club k.

That's machined and studded. You will also need an adaptor plate which Sheldon could makeup as well, or get your own made.

You have to ask yourself, why didn't they do that from factory.... It is such a nicer motor when upright, access to the starter is possible, even the exhaust manifold is accessible.

I suppose they wanted that damm downdraught carb sitting up there.

I might do it when I get the next Ke70 and fit Keihins!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd do it if I could afford it but unfortunately the manifolds are just one piece of the puzzle.

Unfortunately, us Aussie's are all shit broke, squeezed for every dollar by the dastardly powers that be. I've noticed that its also ridiculously expensive to get anything custom made in this country.

yeh that's the thing, you still need to mod your oil pump, sump, engine mounts, shifter and cross members before you get uprighted. Plus carbies.

As for the aussies being shit broke, somehow I don't think so but hey, far be it from me to argue with ya!