Rb20 In A Ke 2 Door Coupe

freaqzz

I'm new around here so don't judge me if this is the most retarded thing you have seen all year.

I would just like to know the answer to a couple questions.

1. Will a Nissan RB20DET Motor & Manual gearbox fit inside a KE30/35 2 Door Coupe without modifying the body (firewall, gearbox tunnel, etc)

2. If I have to modify the body, How easy is it

3. Have you ever seen anybody do it before (if you have photo's or video's it would be greatly appreciated)

I want to put the engine & gearbox into my corolla to make it a drift car, I have seen a video on youtube of a ke30 with a RB20 turbo in it and it didn't look like the firewall was touched but then I seen a picture of another corolla from the inside with the whole tunnel cut out, I have seen a video on youtube also with an RB20 turbo in a corolla but I'm not sure what corolla it is. (I know its not a ke30-55 for sure) I'm guessing it was a KE70 or something.

Thanks in advance!

Members dont see this ad

Forget this idea, and we'll try to forget you ask'd. But seriously if you have to ask these sorts of questions I'm going to guess you haven't done anything like this before. Your probably asking about the hardest and most pointless conversion to do. An RB20 has the same capacity as an sr20 and fits a hell of a lot better. An SR20 only just fits in a KE30 without firewall cutting, so an RB20 will take a lot of effort to go in. Anyways I think there's a guy on here that makes bolt in kits for an SR20 into KE30, you should hit him up and save yourself a lot of work ;)

Mate i can tell you first hand as i just finished mine (rb30t ke20) look at my thread 300kw in ke20 its a hell of a lot of work and money to do a 6cy in a ke but in saying that when done looks awsome and power is crazy but make sure the guy doing it knows what there doing i can give you my fab guys number if you want it done right