8 Track Tape Player

Members dont see this ad

In a Australian delivered KE25 it would have been under the dash, although I don't have an actual photo of it. The radio was always above the heater controls. You have to bear in mind that a radio factory fitted in a early 70's car was still fairly unusual, unless it was Japanese. so an 8 track was very exotic then.

Overseas, it depended on what specification. This I have photo's for

In a TE27 levin/trueno with the triple gauges above the heater controls, the radio was located in the long centre console over the transmission tunnel which meant the 8 track had to go under the dash and off centre. However if your corolla had air conditioning, it would have to go under dash on the drivers side. This long console was available in other specifications unlike here. So if fitted to a non levin, the radio was up where we know it, and the 8 track went into the long console.

I have a long console with the radio, plus a factory 8 track. You can still get lots of reasonably modern 8 track cartridges on US ebay. I have some choice Pink Floyd & Jethro Tull among others to drown out the solex's when mine eventually gets going