4Age Into Ke55 Coupe

davo55coupe

recently I have purchased a 1981 ke55 coupe 4k auto, a few days driving it and I blew the motor. I was going to a manual in it anyway and thought why not go bigger? I would like to know the best engine conversions (I was thinking 4age) or would it be better to stick with the 4k?

Members dont see this ad

There's a guy, Jordan something who does mounting kits on here. You can find him in the sales forum. You'll have to locate you engine, gearbox, diff and tail shaft to match.

Sort a fuel system, upgrade brakes and suspension and then the hard part... The engine loom.

You'll probably have a bit of trouble locating all the doo dads for a fwd to rwd 4A conversion unless you can find one already set up.

More people seem to be converting to sr20 and ca18 these day due to availability of parts and such.

I stuck the K series engines because I dig em!

Edited by GJM85

Why not drill the 4K out to 5K, spend some money on the crank, the head and something like bike quads.

You'll always be a tad behind a 1600twincam, but its much easier, faster to do and it won't end up in the For Sale forum as an unfinished conversion with no rego.

You could put a 4AGE head on if you're really keen