July 10, 201313 yr comment_661332 Has anyone had one apart ? I'm trying to get the car log booked soon and every car ive got one out of is r##ted. I'm up to no4 so far,they seem tight in the middle of sweep. So i thinking of pulling one apart see what goes on in there the only thing I'm worried about wreaking is the seal in the bottom. I'm aware they resipucating (spelling) ball,may be they just need a clean out and readjusting. The one in the car atm has 50mm play at the steering wheel and has had a hard life. All other steering joints are new 0km. I no nothing about them ,but do have the specs to adjust but not the tools (spring guage etc) Dam steering boxs Report
July 11, 201313 yr comment_661462 The thing with old steering boxes is that they spend most of their life in the center, so when it's good with the wheels straight, it will be too tight at full lock. Vice versa, if you adjust it to be good at full lock, there will be more play on center. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now