Ae92 Hatch Door Spoiler

Have been quoted $90 for a sx hatch door with spoiler from the local wreckers and was wondering apart from looks does the spoiler do anything? Any improvement in handling at higher speed?. The daily bitser I drive hasn't shown any inclination to wobble around at speed so was just wondering if other people have found the wind flow over the back is smoothed out or something similar with the spoiler on the hatch door.

I do like the look of the lip on the back...

Members dont see this ad

Like what Rian said, its more for the aesthetics.

Make sure you take off the associated bracketry which bolts to the tailgate as that whats holds the spoiler on.

You'll need to mark the holes carefully as there are none predrilled from toyota for the regular corolla hatches when you mount the brackets.

Best of luck.

I'm getting the whole hatch door with the spoiler attached. It's red with black plastic trim. Hope the wiper motor works cause mine doesn't...

Thats even better, especially for that money.

Read a thread elsewhere about someone installing the same spoiler to their hatch and it was a bit of a nightmare regarding fitment across the top of the tailgate...

Must be off an SX not GT-i if its got the black spoiler.

Pretty common for the rear wiper not to work, all in all you got a bargain!

I am not sure if the wiper motors are the same between hatchback and seca..but...I have a working(tested before removal last week)rear wiper motor at Dinmore.Make an offer.

I have a rear spoiler on my hatchback.....it does nothing except look good.

It does improve the look a lot.

$90 bucks is a bargain.

Is that from boundary road wreckers...the red hatch with the silvertop motor.Looks like it's been underwater??? I brought the whiteline rear swaybar from that car a couple weeks ago.

Yep from the Boundary Rd wreckers. It never had a motor in it when I first saw it and it didn't seem to have been under water going from the look and smell inside. When I went back someone had grabbed door handles and trim and it had been jammed between two bins so no one could get into it so I gave the spoiler a miss... There'll be others.