Brakes

TIMMMAAAAYYY

I have a question about brakes: I replaced the master cylinder and tried bleeding the brakes.

Back brakes fine.....front brakes???....no fluid is coming from the nipples.......not even air!

Do you think the master cylinder is clogged?

If it is......can anyone tell me how to remove the rear piston and spring from the master cylinder?

Thanks guys......I'm sure someone will know.

Members dont see this ad

Umm... Hmm, never really heard of this happening, but could happen I guess... Maybe try to remove the front line and see if the master cylinder actually pushes any fluid out? Then at least you'll know if it's the master cylinder or not...

Oh yeah, remember to catch all the fluid that comes out and keep it off the paintwork. Brake fluid is nasty on paint...

If nothing is coming out then yes, my guess would be master cylinder is stuffed. Take it out, visually inspect it, especially in the bores. If it looks really cruddy then get a new one, they aren't too expensive. If it looks okay and you feel adventurous get a rebuild kit and have some fun :D

I used a Pajero one because my brakes are rather big. With the stock brakes the Pajero unit will most likely be too big... But no, no complications apart from new front brake line. Everything else is bolt on.