Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soon To Be Owner Questions

Featured Replies

So I'm looking to get an ae86 and it will be my first. I have been trying to do the usual research to see my options which seem to be pretty open which I'm excited about. However the car I'm looking to purchase is an 85 and has a carbed twin cam which looks to be a 4ag but I can't seem to find info on stock carbed 4ags only 4acs. Is this a conversion or was it a rare stock option?

Edited by Sl1mShaky

Twin carbs are aftermarket. Make sure they are tuned and working well as it can be an expensive exercise to get done.

 

Edit: single down draft. Never seen that before.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

The 4A-GE engine is fuel injected, there was never a carburetor-version of the GE (the E in the engine code standing for Electronic Fuel Injection). If the Twin-Cam engine is fitted with a carb, that has been converted by an owner somewhere along the line.

 

Have a quick read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AE86

Edited by carbonboy

Very strange to see a single down draft, would be interesting to see how she runs.

  • Author

Well alrighty then this car is going to be more interesting than I expected. Can't wait to see this thing. If I can get it I'll put up a video for everyone and I'll have to start a new build thread for it! Anyone know where I can get a good set of used side drafts!? Or maybe keep it interesting and run twin down drafts?? Anyone know where to get manifolds from?

  • Author

Also it's an sr5 which means it came with a 4ac...? I think. So it may be a twin cam head on an AC block? Ill just have to see when I get it I guess lol

  • Author

The funny thing is the current owner thinks it's stock still... I asked him about engine mods and what not and he said it's got nothing which is obviously wrong so this thing is either gonna be Christmas morning or a bag of coal but we will see

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.