Bos' Ke55 Coupe

Bos55

Hi rob. I was at the point that I had almost given up on the coupe. Was tempted by the availability of the four door. Thank god I found this one. Got a bit of work but loving working on it and even just looking at it.

I think i may have found my 2tg. Its great having rollaclub members willing to help each other out. Hopefully next weekend ill be able to pick it up.

• 2 months later...
Members dont see this ad

I had a whole message typed out but lost it so here is the short version.

Recent purchases.

2tg with 222 head

The matching side draughts

Freshly ported manifold

T50 with Exceedy HD clutch

Lightened flywheel

Ke35 rolling shell for panel sections

Not much had been happening till yesterday. I decided to start rust repairs on the passenger sill. I'm not great with a welder and haven't had the cash to get gas set up for mine so gas less mig was the only option. I folded up the patch panel from flat steel. It hurt to cut up the coupe but it had to be done. The pics below show how it was done.

post-18155-0-34386700-1400995440_thumb.jpgpost-18155-0-26995300-1400995566_thumb.jpgpost-18155-0-16462400-1400995594_thumb.jpgpost-18155-0-09575400-1400995657_thumb.jpgpost-18155-0-98314400-1400995682_thumb.jpg

Not the best looking job ever but I'm happy with my first attempt.

Cheers

Bos

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It’s been a while since I have updated. A few of the things that have happened.

- A mate offered me a good price on some MA61 wheels which have been fitted up

- I managed to get my car registered on Club permit plates

- I drove it for one day before confirming the head gasket was no good, thermostat was blocked when I got it but the bloke I got it from had been thrashing it around on a 35 degree day.

- head gasket has been replaced but I haven’t started it up yet, hopefully will get onto that tonight.

I also found a very good supplier for all the parts I need for my 2T-G, Precision International ( http://www.precisionintl.com/Default.aspx ). That engine has been stripped down to bare block and head, will be getting the head off to a machinist to get skimmed when I get a chance. Engine is a bit crusty inside but everything seems in good condition.

I was expecting the engine to have never been opened but it has got 0.50mm oversize pistons which is a nice little surprise. At this stage I will be putting the engine back together with all the gear that has come out of it, obviously fresh bearings and check everything is within tolerance. This will be a slow build but it will get there.

Looking forward to hopefully firing up a trouble free engine tonight and been able to enjoy the car I have been looking at for the last 10 months.

Also a quick thanks to all the guys who have given me support, this is a great community and reading back through some of you comments at the start has got me eager to get this car up to the standard it deserves.

Cheers

Bos