February 17, 201412 yr comment_677693 Hey guys, I have had a 2 door ke30 for about a year now, we bought it for $100 sat it out at our farm for about six months before I decided to put it on the road, so we spent about $300 in parts and the old rolla was roadworthy so its been on the road for a few months now and the little jap banjo diff has blown up, I have read a few threads about other diffs and what not but I can get my hands on a diff out of a ke55 wagon, rear loader so I assumed borgy. What exactly would need to be done for that diff to fit? Will I need to just change the flange on the driveshaft or will the length beed to be changed as well? Or I can get a diff out of a 1981 corona, anybody know if that will fit or whats needed to make it fit? Cheers in advance, Justin. Report
February 17, 201412 yr comment_677709 By saying 55 wagon I'm assuming you mean a ke38? If so, yes it will be a BorgWarner diff. Yes the BorgWarner will bolt straight in, only other thing I would grab from the wagon is the tail shaft, then just swap the diff and tail shaft over and your good to go, cheers! Report
February 17, 201412 yr Author comment_677754 By saying 55 wagon I'm assuming you mean a ke38? If so, yes it will be a BorgWarner diff. Yes the BorgWarner will bolt straight in, only other thing I would grab from the wagon is the tail shaft, then just swap the diff and tail shaft over and your good to go, cheers! Okay, so the tailshaft off the wagon will be the same length as the one in my 2 door? Because the borgy from the wagon is $220 and closer to me then a banjo thats $300. So tailshaft and borgy diff I wont have trouble with shocks/brakes/leafs? Thanks for the reply. Report
February 18, 201412 yr comment_677758 it will bolt straight on man, i got a ke38 diff in my ke30. I didn't even change the tail shaft.. Report
February 18, 201412 yr Author comment_677769 So I go to the wreckers who say they have a ke38 wagon which turns out to be a ke70, still a borgy now just unsure whether it will fit are these borgys the same dimensions? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now