Help New To Corollas And Think I Stuffed Something Up (wiring)

Stuart89

Hi Just bought an Ae71 and i was trying to install my old neons via the cigarette lighter light, the little one that comes on with the parkers and headlights while doing this i heard a sizzle and tryed the parker lights and they stopped working along with the dash lights? I called out the RAA and the told me there was no power getting to the dimmer switch which could mean an open circuit any way has this happend to anyone or know how to fix it my mate also has a ke30 with the same problem but we can't figure it out

Cheers for any help

Stuart

Members dont see this ad

your trying to run a neon which pulls 14 volts on start up off a system wire that runs what... 8 volts, yeap, you have a wiring problem now!!

disconect the neon crap and replace the park light fuse (and any others you blew) check the fuseable links, hopefully you only burned out the wire to the bulb your tapping into so run along it till you find burned plasic coating and tape it up

finally, post a question in the sterio section and someone will tell you how to wire in a relay and what to run it off

your trying to run a neon which pulls 14 volts on start up off a system wire that runs what... 8 volts, yeap, you have a wiring problem now!!

Ok I was trying to run 12volts neons off a 12 volt light as it says on the casing for the light all the fuses are fine and the neons arent connected i have returned everything back to normal and they still don't work

neons run at 12 volt but they pull peak power to get started hence the voltage hike, same as the one in your kitchen, it uses less power to leave on for 24 hours than it does to turn on, then you get into that whole amps thing that i'll never understand, better to ask tigger bout that stuff

fuses ok still no lights.... and a sizzle under the dash, theres a relay on the rh kick panel from memory, that may have blown, unless your realy unlucky and blew every bulb! worst case senario but i have done it

if you have no power to the dimmer switch try the dimmer unit.

i doubt you have blown globes, probably some fuse or wire or relay...

remember there are 3 fuse boxes in the ke70, sure it would be the same for the ae71