Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madmorrie's Ae82 Twinky Hatch

Featured Replies

Hey Guys, have been on this site for ages but lost my old login. Anyway, thought I'd might as well contribute and post up something about my Rollas.

 

I had an AE82 twinky hatch for about 5 years as a daily. Loved it, but it was pretty rough. Look good from afar, but was far from good.

 

Anyway, time came that I needed a new daily driver, and for cheap. I had intended on dragging the old twinky from mum and dads backyard. I figured that it would at least need 4 new tyres and 4 shocks. So I was up for at least a grand to get it back on the road.

 

But then, searching gumtree I found another. Exactly the same model, but about 100,000 ks younger. Plus it had power-steering. Anyway, bought it on site, regardless of it's tendancy to make caramel milkshakes in it radiator, cause it looked ace. One headgasket later and I think we've sorted that little problem. Head was clean as inside so i think someone has done it recently but incorrectly tightened it. We'll see how it goes.

CleanHead.jpg

 

 

NewTwinky.jpg

 

Had it booked in for a rwc the week before christmas, but it snapped a cam belt the night before!!

NoCambelt1.jpg

 

So I have now pinched bits off the old one to replace the busted bits, like the lower cam cover, and got a new belt on there and its running again.

SprocketCover.jpg

 

 

Had the rwc check done today and it needs 1 new rack boot, and 2 new brake hoses. Thats it! Car is bloody overrated!!

 

Anyway, it does still have some weird issues, one of which is the engine mounts are binding and vibrating like hell. Which didn't make sense to me, so comparing it to the other one I had, I was able to determine that this new one has an e58 gearbox in it. And it has the equal length driveshafts too. Possibly LSD? Did a little skid on gravel and got two marks so presumably.

 

Will hopefully get it regoed very soon.

Cheers

Madmorrie

Edited by madmorrie11

no pics to see

  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.