This Just In...

Brand new, not rebuilt. A few minor differences, fittings and walls are thicker, we'll see how it works in a couple of days. I got this from ClassicGarage.com out of New York State. Gotta blow out the lines on the car and get the &^%#&$#^%$#&%^# stuck bleeder screw out of the rear left wheel cylinder. Then I have new rotors and calipers and new drums and shoes, kits for the cylinders. Could not find new original drums, I'm using I think they are '71 (KE20?). The brake surface is wider because it doesn't taper in like the 10's

I took them to a tool making shop and they stuck em on their lathe for me. You have to bore out the center hole and shave the inner face a bit. After the hole is bored you can set it on the hub and see how much needs to come off the face to sit flush, it's only about a sixteenth of an inch, they are about twice the thickness of the 10's drums so the bit shaved shouldn't be a problem...if I die I'll let you know, I've been driving with them for the last 2 weeks...(well you don't HAVE to shave the face but the shoe will ride right to the edge if you don't.)

post-3326-0-47348400-1427522730_thumb.jpg

post-3326-0-08737600-1427522774_thumb.jpg

post-3326-0-80471700-1427522811_thumb.jpg

post-3326-0-18148500-1427525997_thumb.jpg

Edited by CorollaNut68

Members dont see this ad

There's certain ones that got popular enough that you can build a whole car out of a catalog if you have a frame to start with...original Bugs, Datsun Z's, Spitfires, MG's...the poor little Corolla never made that list.

Before the innerweb it was nearly impossible, hunting every junkyard and field in the state for stuff that might still work. I still have to do a lot of hunting, I found a front windshield but they want $800. RockAuto.com has had a lot of the mechanical stuff. You guys have a lot of the know how and good advice which I appreciate but access to a lot more stuff. I can take your ideas sometimes and work them around what I have. Sometimes I just have to make things up. My throttle linkage is now a piece of thick coathanger wire bent to proper shape, still snaps on and off like normal, using a roller from a sliding door, I made a new piece for the bell crank behind the gas pedal, the roller gets worn and makes the pedal hard to push (the car itself probably has at least a million miles on it...I've put 755,000 on it myself and it was 20 years old when I got it. I've done the engine a few different ways and been through several transmissions and regular maintenance stuff but the rest of it ...is very old.

Edited by CorollaNut68

Another random thought, I just came across a set of Konig 15x7 rims with the 4x110 bolt pattern $475 for the set...hmmm with 175/50-15's they would be virtually the same size as the 185/60-13....they would be taller by 0.7% and actually narrower by 5.4%........+0.45 mph @ 65 mph on the speedo (shows 65 real speed 65.45)

Probably make my already harsh ride worse with less sidewall

post-3326-0-22272800-1427541884_thumb.jpg