Corolla Ke20/25 Mazda Rx7 Series 1 Rear Brake Conversion,

charasmat

Hi,

I am new to this forum and i want a bit of help please.If the answer i am seeking for is in the forum please polnt me to the correct thread and i apologize for any trouble.

I own a Corolla ke25 and i want to upgrade the rear brakes with mazda rx7 first generation disk rotors and nissan or seat.golf,skoda calipers.They have the handbrake on the caliper and don't need for drums handbrake.

Reason for wanting to do this conversion is that i fed up with the balance of the rear of the car(drums never are aligned the same),and the other reason is that i want to put 4agze engine in the car with the potential to go for 210 brake horse power.

Is this conversion ever been done with success and how

Front brakes i have audi 239x20 mm vented with mazda 323f calipers and adapters.

Any help will be apreciated.

Thank you.

Members dont see this ad

Years back on aeu86.org there was talk of using Nissan Primera discs and Golf 4 calipers on T series drum brake rears as a conversion. Depends rather on whether you have upgraded your rear axle already, presumably yes. And to what. Also on your location with respect to ease in sourcing parts.

parrot,thanks for the input and info,and no i haven't upgrade my rear axle...only welded diff since i want to keep original 4x110 pcd because all of my set of alloy wheels (2 sets)are 4x110 and can't afford another expense of buying new wheels.As for parts sourcing...all the parts you mention are plentiful here in Greece with 1 question for the T series rear....it is hard to source.Which T series is the rear drums and probably axles you refere to?The other reason i haven't upgrade the rear,is because i own another KE25 complete car and use it for parts or what ever needed.

Well there is your first problem. The current diff/axles will never cope with the power output you propose. Don't make the mistake of letting your wheels dictate your transaxle choices. it won't work, and will cost more in the medium term.

Even a T series will be fairly marginal depending on how you drive it, considering they were originally fitted to TA22 onward Celica's and 1600cc Corolla's in some markets. You could try and locate a complete disc brake T series rear from a Euro AE86 but these are usually very expensive. Plus you will need to convert the replacement diff from coil spring to leaf spring, modify the tail shaft to suit, narrow it etc etc.

So now you think, oh well, I'll just keep it drum brake. But you are still left with the inadequacy of your current rear end.

thank you parrot,i have found with a quick search here in reckers all the diffs you are reffering too, TA22,AE86 non lsd and mitsubishi lancer with lsd.All 3 of them are exactly the same lenth ....check the pictures please.The ta22 is the cheapest at 150 next is the ae86 at 350 and the dearer of all is the mitsu at 400.If i deside to do this conversion do i need to shorten the splines?Also there is another option from the guys here in Greece which run drift wars with KP60/61 and they use daihatsu feroza and rocky rear diff and axles lsd ready and never brakes due to huge o.d axles.They run 400 and 460 hp on rear wheels.

2062072_9_b_zpsbb4vjzlh.jpg

2062072_2_b_zps72ui6xwf.jpg

2062072_7_b_zpsx2ghhfi1.jpg

2062072_4_b_zpsmeymxptq.jpg

2062072_a_b_zpsflybmb4d.jpg

2062072_5_b_zpsiy4gm5n6.jpg

2062072_6_b_zpsg5loydkh.jpg