4K Dished Pistons, Long Reach Plugs

rebuilder86

Anyone with these long reach plugs BRE527Y able to do me a favour and measure how far from the seat of the plug to the gap?

I'm trying to source some in a country where they don't know the difference between a 4k and a 4KU or 5K and i have to do it myself and actually measure their spark plugs on the shelf.

:(

Members dont see this ad

Hi Jeremy,

I run a 4KU in my KE30 at present.

I just took a plug out & measured it, as it was a good excuse to see they were, as I haven't looked at them for a year.

post-270-0-11592800-1455100632_thumb.jpg

This plug also fits an early model Falcon, that had long reach plugs. I used to buy 2 x packs of 6 plugs at SCA when they were on special, and finish up with 3 sets of plugs for the Rolla.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

nice!

If only they sold falcons here in the philippines, that would make my life alot easier.

thanks heaps.

out of interest, does anyone know what if any difference I will notice when I finally get these long reach plugs?

I read somewhere that you MUST use the long reach with the dished pistons.

I've been on standard plugs since I've owned this thing but couldn't tell you what effect it had on fuel consumption as there were too many show stopping factors affecting my fuel consumption up until last week. (15-20 L / 100ks)

ill try find these and report back if I notice any change.

Edited by rebuilder86

Hi Jeremy,

Because of the shape of the combustion chamber in the head & the dished pistion, I believe the long reach plug places the spark in the middle of the compressed air/fuel mixture at the moment of firing, to provide best explosion and rapid flame front to all parts of the combustible mixture.

Cheers Banjo.

yeh i guess that part as much, just keen to know if anyone has used the short plugs in this scenario and actually witnessed an increase in fuel economy or power.

I can't seem to source any of these long reach plugs in the entire province of Cebu and the toyota 3-4K and all its variants are supposed to be one of the most popular engines in the entire country.

Very frustrating.