Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke55 - Rear Sway Bar Or No Rear Sway Bar

Featured Replies

Hi peoples,

 

I found myself fitting a complete KE35 diff to my KE55 on Friday & of course the sway bar brackets were missing.

 

Being in a hurry, I had no time to slice off & weld to the new housing, thinking "that can be done later".

 

However, there seems to be some conjecture as to whether this car either benefits from or is otherwise hampered by a rear bar.

 

If anyone has tried both with & without, I'd love to hear your opinions! :)

Fitted a KE55 rear bar onto my KE35. Did it help - sorta. Depended on your driving/roads.

 

To me. Felt better on fast open corners. Major suck on tight stuff. Could single spin to a stop at a roundabout. Could even get it to spin up the inside tyre out of hairpin bends - and I was running 225/60r13 tyres on the rear back then. Really need an LSD to make use of the rear sway bar.

 

I tried a rear bar on my competition KE20. Removed it. Would snap sideways in third gear under acceleration with the bar fitted. Ended up softening the rear springs on that car.

  • Author

Took it for a decent no sway bar drive today & seemed good :)

 

Why did I even ask? Because although I had driven the car once before with sway bar fitted, it had stupid short Commodore shocks fitted by someone to force the rear lower & drove like sh*t. Then that particular previous owner blew the diff.

 

Today I fitted the correct shocks & went for my first proper drive in it, hence my inability to compare for myself.

 

I see no need for the sway bar with close to stock tyre size/profile, so will shelve it for now, since there seemed to be more roll in the tryes than suspension today...LOL!

Edited by Fingerlickin_B

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.