November 27, 20169 yr comment_707286 I was about to use Felix system of converting hydraulics to solids when I read about the oil feeds needing to be blocked or it would lead to oil pressure loss. As Felix told me, he took the guts out of the hydraulics and placed the top seat into the bottom of the lifter, using suitable length pushrods. I had everything needed to do this conversion and I had to put it on hold. Felix has been offline since July and therefore he didn't answered me yet about the oil pressure loss. So I hope anyone can help me on this. I have an European 5K block with D shaped piston dish. Will I have oil pressure loss if I don't block any oil feed holes? If I do, what needs to be done? A guy I know used Chevy lifters and he didn't had any trouble at all (same kind of block). Thank you! Report
November 28, 20169 yr comment_707298 I changed to solids in a 5k a few years ago & I am 100% sure I used 3f lifters , they are a different shape lifter so the lifter will block the oil feed hole, I am almost certain that was all I needed to do as far as oil pressure, but you will also need to change the push rods & I can't remember if I used 3k or 4k rods. Report
November 29, 20169 yr Author comment_707299 I changed to solids in a 5k a few years ago & I am 100% sure I used 3f lifters , they are a different shape lifter so the lifter will block the oil feed hole, I am almost certain that was all I needed to do as far as oil pressure, but you will also need to change the push rods & I can't remember if I used 3k or 4k rods. Yes it's the 3F engine lifters that fit in 5Ks. But I'm gonna give a go to Felix's conversion as I have all the parts needed. And those are the parts where my question about oil pressure comes in since they won't block the oil feed as the body of the lifter will still be the 5K hydraulic. I just can't contact Felix so he can give me a hint on this because he's offline since July and I need to go ahead with this soon... Report
November 29, 20169 yr comment_707306 I converted my 5k to solids by modifying the stock hydraulic ones and didn't block any oil feed holes or anything. Cars been going strong for about 12 months now Report
November 29, 20169 yr Author comment_707310 I converted my 5k to solids by modifying the stock hydraulic ones and didn't block any oil feed holes or anything. Cars been going strong for about 12 months now Top cap into the bottom with all the guts out and 2K or 3K short pushrods? Report
November 30, 20169 yr Author comment_707320 That is correct Viterbo That's great news, thank you sir! Report
January 15, 20179 yr Author comment_707767 Made the conversion this weekend and it works pretty well! A bit noisy when hot after idling for a bit, rev it and it goes quieter. Running on 15w40 mineral. No oil pressure issues so far, it warmed up to the fullest and no issues. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now