Everything posted by donk
-
5K Solid Lifters - Oil Pressure
I changed to solids in a 5k a few years ago & I am 100% sure I used 3f lifters , they are a different shape lifter so the lifter will block the oil feed hole, I am almost certain that was all I needed to do as far as oil pressure, but you will also need to change the push rods & I can't remember if I used 3k or 4k rods.
-
3Sge Conversion
Thanks for the heads up, I'll give Nick a call. I'm looking at buying the MR2 engine & box from a guy in Brisbane & I was just checking if what I had in mind would work. If the deal falls through I will give you a call. What condition is your motor & have you done the conversion to RWD? We are about 11/2 hours north of Brisbane. Thanks.
-
3Sge Conversion
Hi Guys, Can anyone confirm if this would work. MR2 3sge Engine J160 6 speed the following kit from the UK to suit Beams engine -Brand new lightened and balanced flywheel -Brand new and genuine Exedy clutch pressure plate -Brand new and genuine Exedy clutch driven plate -Brand new and genuine Exedy clutch release bearing Beams Starter Motor Does any one know if the Beams flywheel has the same 8 bolt stud pattern as the MR2 or if any non beams motor does. Can any one see any other problems? Thanks for your ideas. Cheers
-
5K Single 40Mm Dcom Weber
same RPM starts to drop off after 7500. When I pay him next week he should give me the dyno sheets with the two setups & I will post it on here. Has anyone got coclusive evidence that twins are better ( I mean actually had the two set ups on a dyno) because I was sure the sidedraught was heaps better when we put it on. Its one thing to sound & feel more responsive when free reving , but put it on a dyno and you find the truth.
-
5K Single 40Mm Dcom Weber
We tried the 30mm & 28mm chokes today & found the 28mm were better. At the end of the day & after alot different jet combinations we walked away with 93hp with a small loss in power down low but a little better up top. So we gained an extra 2 hp over the 180 holley & spent over $1000. Maybe when we get the head work done & flow more air the weber might be better. Can any one tell me that are running twin webers if they tried a single weber first & then the twins & were they better in hp than the single?
- 5K Single 40Mm Dcom Weber
-
5K Single 40Mm Dcom Weber
Hi guys, hope someone can explain . I have a rebuilt 5k with the following been done. bored 20" bottem end fully balanced Wade 446b cam std 3k big port head (shaved 60") extractors distributor recurved 180 holley (32/36) when we had it on the dyno we had 91hp @ rear wheels we have since upgraded to a single 40mm DCOM weber 32mm chokes (remanufactured & looks like new) & redline manifold (new) purchased through a very reliable company. & now we have 87hp @ the rear & lost power right through the range. (same dyno used ). the guy from the dyno thinks the carby is too big & is going to try smaller chokes 30mm & 28mm, but my question is how do others use twin 40mm with no problems & do they actually make more power ? Thanks for any insight into this problem as I have just spent $800 for no gain in power.
-
5K Into Ke30 Conversion
Cheers, thanks for the confirmation
-
5K Into Ke30 Conversion
Can anybody confirm that the 5k sump will fit into a KE30. The 5k sump looks very close to the 3k sump, but just checking I have not missed something. Thanks