Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pertronix, Msd And Other Electronic Ignition Options

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

 

I am wondering what type of ignition systems have found to be good for k series engines. I gather many would have nippon denso electronic dizzys, converted from points.

 

Has anyone tried the Pertronix Australia conversion kit? Or used an MSD system to increase spark and have a rev limiter option?

 

I'm building a 4k with 11.5:1 compression and twin sideraughts for mostly track racing. Am curious of the electronic ignition options of what has proven to be reliable and perform well

Edited by 7000rpm

I use a denso 5k electronic dizzy with a Streetfire CDI (MSD's budget line) with a Bosch coil and 1.0 gapped plugs.

Capacitive discharge, multi spark to 3000rpm and rev limiter.

More energy that you'll every need.

  • Author

Thanks Gavin, I like the sound of your setup

 

I'm running a MSD 6-AL with their Blaster2 (i think) coil with a 4k points distributor (because the advance curve was a little better than the 5k one). Basically the same as Gavins but with more spark but for more monies. I probably wouldve gone the streetfire if i hadn't of gotten the 6al for mates rates.

 

Don't get too excited about MSD rev limiter tho, its more of a safety precaution for run away engines than a limiter to bounce off like the BeeR the silvia boys run.

 

I found that it was only when i have super heavily modified my motor that i even need to go as far as an MSD.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.