KE55 Sedan Child Seat Anchors

Hi Guys,

First I'm new to the Club as I just bought my first Corolla. Its a 1979 Ke55 Sedan. I am trying to figure out the best anchors for putting a child seat in the back. I have been looking at the ford focus ISO Fix bottom anchor and just the standard anchor for the top. Has anyone here tried to install this before and knows it works or can point me in the direction of something that will?

Members dont see this ad

Hi Tim,

Welcome aboard !.  KE series cars were built before baby cars seats were a commodity, so I'm not sure they were ever originally designed to accept car seat mounting & loading points.  When I've had the back seat out & the parcel shelf removed to reline it, I noted the "iron work" in that area supporting the parcel shelf didn't look thick enough to be used as archorage points for the back/top of a baby seat.  The existing rear seat belt anchor points are from the floor under the seat, & above the rear wheel wells, 

To ensure you are legal, I would suggest going to a company that professionally fits baby car seats & modules. I'm sure they would have come across this issue & know a solution, or could advise you.

Maybe there is someone on here who has been through your exercise previously, & can shed some light on a solution.

Let us know how you go, & good luck !

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo
  • Upvote 1