Motorkhana @ Hughes Airstrip

ancullen

We will definitely be holding our motorkhana on Monday 12 June at 1pm at Hughes WWII Airstrip (a few kays past Shell Noonamah).

Currently attending is:

ancullen (RollaClub)

Killswitch (RollaClub) - will be there or else, I mean, car depending :)

ELLA (RollaClub)

wasfishing (RollaClub)

devo r33gtr (Boost)

Calais_Man (Boost)

POCOCK (Boost)

1morebar (Boost)

AXECENT (Boost)

Hypermania (Boost)

4g15 (Boost) - not certain

PLACEBO (AE86 Driving Club)

omy (AE86 Driving Club)

Anthony (non-member) - will come once he's told about it

That's 14 cars by my count. :)

Edited by ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

I spoke to a member of NAMSC (the North Australian Motor Sport Club) the other day, and he had been planning a motorkhana at Hughes for the same weekend as ours. However, upon finding out about ours, he has asked if his motorkhana could become part of ours. I've agreed, so there should be quite a few extra cars coming along now. The only issue that may arise is that I may have to bring the time forward a couple of hours to accomodate the extra number of cars, otherwise we won't get to do many courses. I'm waiting for a response, so it may not happen, but I thought I'd warn you all. If the time is going to change, I'll give you all plenty of warning.

UPDATE: This event will now start at Mobil Berrimah at 9am. We will cruise from there to Hughes WWII Airstrip, so the actual fun will probably start at about 10am at the airstrip. This is so we won't get as hot.

Also, there will now be an entry fee of $20. This is because we have joined forces with a NAMSC motorkhana that was being organised for the same day at the same location. $10 from each entry fee will be used as fundraising for NAMSC, the other $10 will be donated to RollaClub. I know this may seem a fair bit, but it's really pretty cheap fun.

To make up for the fact that there is now an entry fee, I will be providing a trophy, paid for by myself, to go to the most entertaining driver of the day. They will also receive a bag of Minties as is RollaClub tradition.

It is intended that there will be a RollaClub motorkhana held every Queen's Birthday weekend, so please turn out and make the first a really good one.