Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4k Carby ... Low Float Level?

Featured Replies

hey guys

 

well the following is goin on with the 4k at the moment ...

 

Its got a stock carby on it, its pretty clean, looked like it had a rebuild recently ...

 

It doesn't normally idle on flat ground, just idles smooth at about 1000rpm then drops down to 700ish then conks out. When I'm parked in my driveway as i open the gate, the car will rev fine but at like 1200 rpm ... Sometimes when i take a corner at the lights or whatever a bit quick the car drops out a bit then picks up, as though it was starved of fuel temporarily ...

 

Am i right to assume the float level is too low? I don't suppose that this could be why I'm getting 440ks off 50L :)

 

Thanks for the help

 

oh - i should have a 5K in the car and running by the end of the weekend :)

 

Dyzza

I get the same thing with quick cornering and the carby has been rebuilt on my 3K, but i only find that it happens on left hand corners and not on right hand corners.

 

I'd love to know what the cause of this could be as well....

Hi

 

I would check your idle mixtures, choke and throttle position valve (if fitted) then the float seems like a good place to check.

 

I always use a container of water to get it right (don't get the accellerator pump wet however) otherwise correct float to a unopened 4k carb is aprox 7.5mm from the top cover of the carby top.

 

hope this helps

 

Daniel.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.