I Need Da Boyz Advice!

*diamond

Hey guys... I'm Krystle, from Sydney, I'm a newie to the rolla club... i know i prob sound a bit blonde (i don't really know nethin about cars) but i need advice!

ive got a lil green '80 KE55 2door corolla... i luv it!

but its got a rust - at the rear window and above rear tyres

rego comes up in da nxt few weeks

I'm at uni.. so I'm on a bit of a budget! :lmao:

do i spend the money on it and get the rust out and get it re-sprayed (like how much is that?) or do i sell it?

i also need a new front bumper, side left panel and a new bit around rear window

what shud i do? do u reakcon its worth me fixing it up?

HELP! :D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, welcome aboard :lmao:

Secondly, you have come on an corolla based car forum asking should you keep a corolla or sell it, I'm sure you know what we will tell you :D haha

Well, what your safest shot would be is get qutoes for the rust repair and just a "quick once over" with the paint and just see if you can afford it. If the car is mechanical fine and the rust is all the drama is , and the rust isn't that extensive, then I'd suggest keeping it.

IF the rust is rather bad and require fabricating and all that jazz, I'd say sell the car, because it will become too costy for it's worth.

My 2 cents worth.

:lmao: -What Tiger said!! Just remember, whatever money you spend on it you most likely wont get back. That also goes if you sell the car with rust you'll most likely not get much.

As for parts, there are soo many guys on here that can probably help you. ATM i'm getting parts couriered from all over the country.

If you lover the car enough, fix it. If you don't think its worth it, part with it.

JiP_01

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

:( -Shit ey, thats some damage!! You've got massive holes!!

My opinion. See a panel beater and they'll fix up all those holes nicely. :D

JiP_01

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

The body is reasonably straight. BUT, they are pretty nasty rust holes. My best suggestion, if you know ANYBODY that's a panel beater... get them to give you a rough price on repairs to the damage.

Hopefully, they will look after you... if not, bat your eyelids at a panelbeater... and they'll give you their "special" price :(

See how you go... because the rest of the body on it looks DAMN straight. It'd be a shame to lose this car.