4age Silvertop Engine

Hi! I'm new to this site, and would like to try and get some information on a 4AGE engine swap. I purchased a 4AGE engine complete with wiring harness's, computer, the whole nine yards, supposedly from came from Japan. Came out of a Corolla, and or a Levin? Something like that. Anyway,.. Now... my question is... I purchased the engine to swap it into a 2001 Corolla S body. I wanted to try and find out, what I needed if anything, to do this swap. What problems, if any, I can anticipate, and if this is something that could be done. The Engine depot that I purchased the engine from, said it is definitely a swap, but couldn't really give me any additional supporting information. Also,... I'm trying to identify which 4AGE this engine is? i.e. year, hp rating, version, etc..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bumperguy

Members dont see this ad

Firstly there are 5 types of 4age engines. 3 16valve versions ( 1 of them supercharged) and 2 20 valves. Firsty does the cam cover have twin cam 16 or twin cam 20 on it..... That will determine if its a 16 or 20 valve (obviously). You say its a silvertop engine. If it has twin cam 20 on it its what is known as a 20 valve silvertop... (funny bout that). That has about 120kw in standard form. If it says twin cam 16 it will depend on the colors of the writing. If it has some blue writing its the 88kw big port 4age (more for JDM version). If its the red writing with the spark plug cover its the 100kw small port one. The other one is the 20 valve "blacktop" and believe it or not it has a black cam cover! :ninja: That has about 125kw. The other one is the 4agze and that is usually distinguished by the supercharger hanging of the side. Hope this helps. Peoples correct me if I'm wrong.

This may also help....

http://4age.net/tech/importengines.htm

Firstly there are 5 types of 4age engines. 3 16valve versions ( 1 of them supercharged) and 2 20 valves. Firsty does the cam cover have twin cam 16 or twin cam 20 on it..... That will determine if its a 16 or 20 valve (obviously). You say its a silvertop engine. If it has twin cam 20 on it its what is known as a 20 valve silvertop... (funny bout that). That has about 120kw in standard form. If it says twin cam 16 it will depend on the colors of the writing. If it has some blue writing its the 88kw big port 4age (more for JDM version). If its the red writing with the spark plug cover its the 100kw small port one. The other one is the 20 valve "blacktop" and believe it or not it has a black cam cover! :ninja: That has about 125kw. The other one is the 4agze and that is usually distinguished by the supercharger hanging of the side. Hope this helps. Peoples correct me if I'm wrong.

This may also help....

http://4age.net/tech/importengines.htm

Thanks so much, rolla_4! I appreciate the feedback. The engine is a silvertop, and it has the 20valve twin cam on it. What is the conversion from 120kw to horsepower? Also.. where could I get more information on if I will have a problem doing an engine swap on my 01 corolla or not? And if it's ok, what will I need as far as the wiring, exaust, and everything else is concerned?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bumperguy

what is the model of your car? and what engine does it have?

its a pretty straight forward swap... but if you need to ask such questions its prob best if you get some experienced help.

some tips with running 20vs:

always run it on the BEST fuel you can. these are designed for 100 octane.

run a catch can, NOT a plumb back type, you want to remove all fumes from the intake.

do not run a pod filter. run a K&N panel filter in the stock box and make a cold air duct to that box.

fit new leads, the coil lead needs replacing every year.

before you put the engine in do the following:

clean out the intake tract, including the TBs. take them off and use carb cleaner.

change the cambelt, tensioner and water pump. also change the little rubber pipe out the back of the water pump USE GENUINE PARTS ONLY.